Photo: Instagram/VerzuzTV It wouldn’t be a Patti LaBelle performance if she didn’t at some point kick her shoes off into the next time zone, and her Verzuz Battle with Gladys Knight on Instagram Live Sunday was no different. Instead of a showdown, however, LaBelle and Knight followed the pattern established by several Battles before them and had a love fest, complimenting each other on everything from their tour buses to their cooking to their respective registers. However, if you weren’t sure if this Battle’s good vibes were genuine, Patti LaBelle fortunately has a pretty obvious tell. If you were waiting for the other shoe to drop, however, Sunday’s Verzuz also had an eleventh hour reveal that would have had us quaking in our boots (if we had to sing with her right off-stage, we mean.) Fellow legend Dionne Warwick joined the duo for a rendition of “That’s What Friends Are For” to close out the livestream. Come on Patti (and Gladys and Dionne.)
- Gladys Knight's national anthem costs betting company dearly
- Singer Gladys Knight defends decision to sing US anthem at Super Bowl
- Spain's conservatives swing to the right after leadership battle
- Justyn Knight’s formula for endorsement success has been fast times and great timing
- ‘Forever’ and what else keeps Gladys & Chris together?
- Canadian Knight’s tale takes NCAA track by storm
- Analysis: India's e-commerce wars to be reshaped by private label brands
- Chelene Knight is 'one of the storytellers we need most right now’
- T.R. Knight of Grey’s Anatomy fame reflects on unique path
- Onetime rap mogul Marion 'Suge' Knight faces 28-year sentence for manslaughter
Patti LaBelle’s Shoes Flew Right Off to Heaven During Her Verzuz Battle With Gladys Knight have 283 words, post on www.vulture.com at September 14, 2020. This is cached page on Smart Prices. If you want remove this page, please contact us.