By Christian Long – March 27, 2020 12:14 am EDT Share 0 Comments 0 ✖ The now-former head of Microsoft has issued a warning about what the U.S. has in store in regards to coronavirus. Bill Gates spoke with CNN about the global pandemic and cautioned that the worse is likely yet to come for the country.”This is kind of the nightmare scenario,” Gates said, speaking quite frankly on the matter. Gates added that officials in other countries, including China, “are the ones that have done best in this epidemic because they acted when the number of cases were still very, very small.” Additionally, he says that he wished that the U.S. “behaved a little bit like the countries that have done the best on this one.””We have not peaked,” he said. “Basically the whole country needs to do what was done in the part of China where they had these infections.”Gates, who stepped down as the head of the Microsoft board on March 14, has pivoted his attention to The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, which the couple co-founded in 2000. The philanthropical endeavor is dedicated to enhance healthcare and reduce extreme poverty worldwide. It also focuses on expanding… Read full this story
- Hospital overcrowding in Republic a 'national emergency'
- Taoiseach says Ophelia being treated as national emergency as 100,000 across Ireland without power
- Grief therapy expert says Grenfell tragedy should have been declared a national emergency to ensure survivors got enough support
- Bill Gates warns scrapping 0.7 per cent foreign aid target could lead to pandemics and migration chaos in Britain
- Jeremy Hunt warns Brexit needs Theresa May to go ahead
- Emergency services warn of danger of slippery roads and pavements in Berlin
- Berlin's emergency services warn of danger of icy roads and pavements
- National Audit Office warns government over pressure on ‘poorly rewarded’ social care staff
- Rotherham v AFC Wimbledon: Millers delight Paul Warne as run continues
- Forecasters warn snow will continue through the day
Coronavirus National Emergency: Bill Gates Warns US Has 'Not Peaked' and Needs to Continue Lockdown have 325 words, post on popculture.com at March 27, 2020. This is cached page on Smart Prices. If you want remove this page, please contact us.