By & by Natalie Finn | Sat., 21 Dec. 2019 3:00 AM Share Tweet Email Columbia Pictures As all the 20-year retrospectives that poured forth this year have reminded us, 1999 was a hell of a year for movies.From 10 Things I Hate About You and American Pie to The Sixth Sense and The Blair Witch Project, then Fight Club, The Virgin Suicides, Rushmore… all were movies that left a mark on pop culture, even the ones that weren’t fully appreciated in their time.So, there had already been an embarrassment of riches, but as 1999 drew to a close, just in time for the winter holiday, memorable in its intensity for every teenager who bought a ticket, came Girl, Interrupted.Five years after starring in Little Women, also a Christmas time release, Winona Ryder was back with another tale of young women making the best of things in close quarters—in this case a mental institution rather than a cozy little house in Massachusetts—but interestingly still a story about girls finding solace in each other when their lives are spiraling out of control, again starring Ryder as a smart, rebellious heroine who wants more out of life than the opportunities traditionally afforded to women in her time.1860s, 1960s… Photos Angelina Jolie’s Best Roles Susanna Kaysen’s 1993 memoir of the… Read full this story
- The top-class taverna time forgot
- Killed biker 'forgot to ride on right hand side'
- Crazy Plymouth nights out you forgot happened
- The 19th century cottage that time forgot
- Memorial at last to the Barnsley pit children time forgot
- BGT's Simon awkwardly forgot about Kojo
- The deadly train disaster history forgot
- Ralph never forgot the sinking of the Svenner
- Claim city 'forgot' to reclaim £500,000 from developers
- 'Forgot we had Jason Cummings'
Everything You Forgot About have 295 words, post on www.eonline.com at December 21, 2019. This is cached page on Smart Prices. If you want remove this page, please contact us.