There’s been yet another twist in the saga that is Scooby Carter.
On his radio show this past week, Nick Saban revealed that he had to suspend a player for Saturday’s game against Mississippi State in Starkville because he missed a class, although the head coach didn’t reveal the player’s identity; on the day of the game, it was confirmed that the player in question was Carter.
Monday on his personal Twitter account, Carter (pictured, No. 11) announced that, “after talking with my family I believe it is best for me to rethink my decision and enter my name into the transfer portal.”
The true freshman cornerback gave no specific reason for his decision.
Carter was a four-star member of the Crimson Tide’ 2019 recruiting class, rated as the No. 9 cornerback in the country and the No. 15 player at any position in the state of Texas. He was the highest-rated corner signed by the Tide this past cycle.
In three games as a true freshman this season, Carter has been credited with one tackle.
- Oklahoma Scene: OSU quarterback Keondre Wudtee enters transfer portal
- Michigan football DL Reuben Jones enters transfer portal
- Penn State has three players enter transfer portal
- Source: Bama QB Jalen Hurts enters transfer portal
- Bru McCoy, 5-star athlete and USC Trojans early enrollee, enters transfer portal: Report
- Report: Penn State's Juwan Johnson enters transfer portal
- Penn State wide receiver enters transfer portal
- UT Vols: Austin Smith of Tennessee football enters transfer portal
- UB wide receiver K.J. Osborn enters transfer portal
- Michigan DL Reuben Jones enters transfer portal