President Donald Trump repeatedly pressed Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky during a July phone call to investigate Hunter Biden, the son of leading Democratic rival Joe Biden. Trump brought up the point again and again – a total of about eight times, the Wall Street Journal reported Friday afternoon, as a whistleblower’s complaint about a call with an unnamed foreign leader was morphing into a political scandal. Trump was referencing an investigation of a Ukrainian gas company where Hunter Biden served on the board for five years. He also brought up his personal lawyer Rudy Giuiliani, who had delivered his own messages to Ukrainian officials. The president ‘told him that he should work with [Giuliani] on Biden, and that people in Washington wanted to know’ if the allegations were true, a person familiar with the call told the Wall Street Journal. However, the person didn’t believe Trump was dangling $250 million in U.S. military aide to Ukraine that the White House had been holding up as a quid-pro-quo. Amid the increased scrutiny of his and Giuliani’s Ukraine contacts and amid a brewing scandal over a whistleblower’s claim that he made a ‘promise’ to a foreign leader, Trump will meet Zelensky next week. The… Read full this story
- Donald Trump denies telling John Bolton Ukraine aid was tied to Biden investigation and accuses him of making it up 'to sell his book'
- Why President Trump asked Ukraine to look into a DNC "server" and CrowdStrike
- Joe Biden's Son Hunter Will Break His Silence in 'Emotional' Interview on Ukraine, Trump's Attacks & More
- The Latest: Biden accuses Bloomberg of slamming 'Obamacare'
- Despite US$1 trillion deficits, Trump tax cuts will still 'pay for themselves' - Mnuchin
- Trump to Release Transcripts of Call With Ukraine's Zelenskyy 'Sometime This Week'
- E. Jean Carroll Says Elle Magazine Fired Her After She Accused Trump of Rape
- Ken Cuccinelli explains how Trump administration cut illegal border crossings in half in 3 months
- Rob Reiner Accuses Trump of Treason: He’s ‘Siding With Russia’
- Spectacular: Ivanka Trump's reaction when asked if she enjoyed 'Namaste Trump' event
Biden accuses Trump of 'clear-cut corruption' for asking Ukraine's president EIGHT TIMES to investigate his son Hunter, as former VP calls for 'immediate release of call transcript' between the two leaders have 351 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at September 20, 2019. This is cached page on Smart Prices. If you want remove this page, please contact us.