With singer Gladys Knight having performed the national anthem at the Super Bowl, there was contention by some who wished she had not given the controversy surrounding Colin Kaepernick. She defended her decision to preform on Friday during her interview on CNN. “People are going to have their opinions. You know, about whatever. And all I can deal with, all I can deal with right now is what my heart says. Okay? I believe in fairness,” Knight explained. “I believe in truth. I believe in all of those things, and as far as this is concerned, I grew up with the national anthem. We used to sing it in school before school started. We used to say prayers in school before school started, and we just don’t have that anymore and I’m just — I’m just hoping that it will be about our country and how we treat each other and being the great country that we are.” Lemon then pointed to how a New York Times article wrote how a singer at President Donald Trump’s inauguration lost her career for taking the gig. “You have a much longer history and resume, right? And a legend in this business. Is that a concern… Read full this story
- Pitcher Steven Brault Sings National Anthem At PNC Park
- Rita Wilson Sings National Anthem After Recovering From COVID-19
- 'I honestly tried my best': Fergie apologizes for her bizarre and widely ridiculed rendition of the National Anthem at NBA All-Star game
- Megyn Kelly rips Don Lemon over Trump criticism: CNN 'still pretends he is an objective news anchor'
- Nepal cheers for frontline workers with national anthem, claps in fighting COVID-19
- Rita Wilson returns to singing after coronavirus recovery with national anthem performance
- Justin Timberlake Defends Colin Kaepernick’s National Anthem Protest: ‘It’s a Free Country’
- Tearful Rachel Platten on 'Embarrassing' National Anthem Flub: 'My Mind Just Wasn't Cooperating'
- "Please give me my voice back:" Pink sparks concern she might not be fit to perform Super Bowl national anthem
- Pink caught on camera spitting out throat lozenge SECONDS before launching into national anthem at Super Bowl LII
Gladys Knight Defends Singing National Anthem After Don Lemon Suggests It Could Hurt Her Career have 363 words, post on www.mediaite.com at February 4, 2019. This is cached page on Smart Prices. If you want remove this page, please contact us.