Kindly Share This Story:By Emeka Anaeto, Business Editor IN a bid to expand the scope of access to credit especially on its platform, the Development Bank of Nigeria, DBN, would be setting up a subsidiary to undertake credit guarantees for participating financial institutions, PFIs. Meanwhile the bank, in its first year of operations, exceeded its projected performance with a total loan disbursement of N31.36 billion to 35,000 Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in Nigeria. Disclosing these at a media parley yesterday in Lagos, the Managing Director of DBN, Mr Tony Okpanachi, said the aim of the credit guarantee scheme is also to de-risk the MSME sector while establishing a risk sharing arrangement with PFIs up to 50%. The scheme, according to him, would eventually create a critical mass of MSME lending in the economy. Hitherto, groups in the Nigerian MSME space have alleged that most of the intervention funds raised by some government institutions amount to hundreds of billions of Naira are not disbursed and Vanguard investigations reveal that the institutions involved, including commercial banks, hold back the funds claiming that the MSMEs are too risky to take the credit facilities. But Okpanachi said that DBN’s model has been… Read full this story
- Tech Leaders See Smartphones Replacing Credit Cards, Cash
- VeriSign Launches Broad Authentication Scheme
- U.S. Sues Another E-Business for Alleged Pyramid Scheme
- OPINION Credit Reporting: Where Privacy Really Starts
- EXPERT ADVICE Prepare Now for New 'Red Flag' Credit Rules
- Massachussets Lt.. Gov. Supporting New Video Game Institute At Becker College
- Amazon Extends Credit to Corporate Buyers
- Ramsdale: UK “tax credits have their place”, supporters need to be more “pragmatic”
- Credit Card Security: Where Are We Now?
- Former League of Legends team owner charged with data hacking scheme (largest in US)
Credit guaranty scheme underway for DBN institutions have 299 words, post on www.vanguardngr.com at January 25, 2019. This is cached page on Smart Prices. If you want remove this page, please contact us.