Photos by Joselyn King Members of the Ohio County Schools Bond Advisory Committee take in a work session Thursday morning at the school district offices. Members of the Ohio County Schools Bond Advisory Committee told school officials Thursday to set aside a higher amount of contingency dollars for their $76 million property improvement plan, as the cost of construction is likely to rise in the coming months. Todd Dei, civil engineer at JD&E, said an expected boom in construction has made it challenging for firms to hire enough skilled construction labor. The building of a natural gas power plant in Brooke County and a potential ethane cracker plant in Belmont County are among the projects that could soon come on the landscape. The result to the purchaser is time delays, and potentially higher costs. A West Virginia Department of Highways project to improve bridges along Interstate 70 in Ohio County already came in $74 million above projected costs, causing a delay in construction. “As projects start releasing at the same time, our trades market change — and that can influence cost in every direction,” Dei said. “If all these things release at the same time, it’s a great market for… Read full this story
- Rising costs see 25 UK pubs a week call time for good
- Vulnerable children could be taken to school from ‘collection points’ under cost-saving proposal
- England state secondary school pupil numbers to rise by 14.7% by 2027
- Rainfall warning in place for eleven counties but temperatures then expected to reach mid-20s again
- Most abortions carried out here expected to cost in region of €300
- Schools told 'cut excessive uniform costs'
- The rising cost of insulin: "Horror stories every day"
- Preston Youth Zone opening delayed and rising costs revealed
- Charity warns about risings costs and impact of benefit changes as foodbank demand increases in the east
- Rising costs 'weighing on Scots firms'
Ohio County School Bond Committee: Expect Rising Costs have 317 words, post on www.theintelligencer.net at November 9, 2018. This is cached page on Smart Prices. If you want remove this page, please contact us.