NEW YORK — The American Music Awards will honor the Queen of Soul next month. Dick clark productions tells The Associated Press that Gladys Knight, Ledisi, Mary Mary, Donnie McClurkin, CeCe Winans and musical director Rickey Minor will pay tribute to Aretha Franklin’s gospel roots and her iconic album, “Amazing Grace,” at the Oct. 9 event. It will air live on ABC from the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles. Franklin died last month. She won six AMAs throughout her career and even hosted the show in 1976 and 1983. Sabrina Owens, Franklin’s niece and the executor of her estate, says in a statement: “When I heard some of the initial ideas for the tribute, I knew without a doubt that this tribute will go down as one of the best in American music.”
- 'Snitches get stitches!' Snoop declares Tekashi is 'done for' after 'singing like Aretha Franklin' and wonders when blabbing became a 'get out of jail pass'
- Hiring Managers Versus Aretha Franklin Who Has Respect
- Franklin D. Roosevelt: An American Legend
- 22 songs Brits don't really know the lyrics for
- Jessye Norman, opera icon, memorialized at hometown funeral
- Hitzville Star, Jin-Jin Reeves Brings Motown To Las Vegas
- Muscle Shoals e leggende del blues
- Oprah Winfrey, 65, does a prom photo with beau of 33 years Stedman Graham, 68, as they attend the opening gala of Tyler Perry Studios
- Detroit street where African-American activist was banned from living to bear her name
- Dancing With The Stars: Hannah Brown tops leaderboard as Lamar Odom opens up about drug overdose
Gladys Knight, Ledisi to honor Aretha Franklin at AMAs have 257 words, post on www.startribune.com at September 27, 2018. This is cached page on Smart Prices. If you want remove this page, please contact us.