Steve Byrne and Bryan Alexander Detroit Free Press Published 2:18 p.m. UTC Sep 1, 2018 Several media organizations reported on Friday reported that Gladys Knight revealed at Aretha Franklin’s funeral that she also has pancreatic cancer. The singer’s spokesperson, however, told the Free Press that is not the case. “She’s healthy. Someone must have misinterpreted,” said Javier Delgado, a publicist with JDS PR, which represents the onetime Motown star. Knight was in town for Franklin’s funeral. Franklin died Aug. 16 of pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors. She was 76. Speculation about Knight’s health kicked into overdrive and was trending online after the 74-year-old singer spoke to reporters about Franklin before entering Detroit’s Greater Grace Temple for Friday’s funeral. Knight talked about the last time she had spoken to her “sister” Franklin while staying at the same hotel: “So we got to talking and everything, and at that time we shared the fact that we had the same disease,” said Knight. She did not elaborate. Publicist Jay Schwartz put out a statement late Friday from Knight explaining the comment: “I’d like to clarify that Aretha and I discussed both of us having cancer, mine was stage 1 breast cancer and hers was pancreatic. Due to early detection, I… Read full this story
- 'Thank you. You saved my life': Mother breaks down as she thanks Kate Winslet for setting up a charity to raise £300,000 and helping her become cancer free
- Linda Nolan steps out in public for the first time since her cancer diagnosis as she admits 'seeing late sister Bernie looking back at her in the mirror after her hair fell out'
- Nolan sisters Linda and Anne battle cancer together after being diagnosed with the disease just DAYS apart
- Amid breast cancer treatments, one Woodlands woman stays positive
- Val Kilmer learning to speak again after tracheotomy in throat cancer battle
- Who is Ronnie Knight? Barbara Windsor’s ex-husband, ‘gangster’ and alleged Security Express robber
- Want to Impact Cancer Care Beyond Medicine? 5 Reasons to Apply for the Astellas Oncology C3 Prize
- Isolation Row: Rediscovering My Love of the Grateful Dead During Quarantine (Guest Column)
- 'Healthy' mum diagnosed with cancer so aggressive it cracked several ribs
- Florida TV Journalist Victoria Price Recovered From Thyroid Cancer Detected By Viewer
Gladys Knight: 'I am cancer free and grateful for that' have 380 words, post on eu.freep.com at August 31, 2018. This is cached page on Smart Prices. If you want remove this page, please contact us.