After weeks of royal rumours, family debacles and a paparazzi scandal, the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle was finally here. With bunting hung and Pimm’s at the ready, the nation watched with baited breath – would a miffed Markle relation make a scene? Or perhaps we’d have some more questionable headwear to laugh about? Sadly there was a distinct lack of pretzel-style hats at this royal wedding, but that didn’t mean there weren’t plenty of surprising moments. Here are the key talking points of the royal wedding: 1. Amal vs Posh International human rights lawyer Amal Clooney arrived at the royal wedding with her husband George in tow. Amal set the Twittersphere alight with her head-to-toe yellow look: she wore a bespoke Stella McCartney dress with a veiled Stephen Jones hat. The contrast could not have been greater to Victoria Beckham’s outfit – the designer and former Spice Girl arrived with her husband at the same time as the Clooneys. Between the two power couples, Victoria’s bizarrely sombre ensemble seemed strangely out of place. At least she fully committed to the vibe, with not one smile to be seen. 2. Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice’s hats After the princess sisters… Read full this story
- Meghan Markle’s uncle says he could have walked her down the aisle as he reveals distress over Royal Wedding ‘snub’
- Royal Wedding rings – who designed Meghan’s band, how much did they cost and is Prince Harry going to wear his?
- What is Meghan Markle’s title following the Royal Wedding and did marrying Prince Harry make her a princess?
- Afghanistan veteran and Invictus Games gold medallist hails ‘incredible’ invite to entire Royal Wedding after meeting Prince Harry just four years ago
- The dress code for the Royal Wedding
- Royal Wedding Alert! Princess Beatrice’s Wedding Date and Reception Details Revealed
- What Will Meghan Markle's Official Title Be After the Royal Wedding?
- See Kate Middleton and Prince William Share Rare PDA (in the Pews!) at Eugenie's Royal Wedding
- Meghan Markle's 'axed' employee had key role at Royal Wedding and became 'mystery woman'
- The Queen warned Prince Harry over Meghan Markle’s ‘difficult’ behaviour after row over bride’s tiara for royal wedding
Royal wedding: The nine main talking points, from the viral pageboy to Amal's outfit have 378 words, post on www.independent.co.uk at May 19, 2018. This is cached page on Smart Prices. If you want remove this page, please contact us.