Jahnavi Parikh was two when her father Piyush Parikh, an IT professional, moved to Atlanta, Georgia, in 1999. Jahnavi began school in the US and, later when her father moved back to India between 2004 and 2007, he enrolled her in a Mumbai school. Post 2007, she was once again studying in the US. Two years ago, when Jahnavi applied for college admissions, she realised that unlike most of her classmates, she was not entitled to any of the scholarships that American students can apply for. “I had been a topper in class and this was a big blow. Even worse was that I couldn’t join any medical course, which is what I had set my heart on. Also, I can’t take up any job assignments in the US, because of my visa status as an H4 dependent child,” Jahnavi told ET Magazine from Atlanta. (Family members — spouse and unmarried children — of an H-1B worker are admitted to the US in the H4 category.) Jahnavi has now joined a second major in management information systems along with her pre-medical undergraduate course at the University of Georgia. Her problems don’t end there. Jahnavi’s father is on an H-1B visa… Read full this story
- Lawsuit: U.S. Managers Violated Americans’ Civil Rights by Hiring H-1B Workers
- Judge Nukes Trump’s Promise to Protect American Graduates from H-1B Outsourcing
- Coyotes Use Federal Agencies to Smuggle ‘Unaccompanied’ Children to Parents in U.S.
- Congress’s Irish Lobby Tries Again to Create ‘Irish H-1B’ Program
- Neufeld memo: US Court scraps old memo used to deny H-1B visas
- Good news for IT companies: US court scraps memo used to deny H-1B visas
- Coronavirus Exposes the Sickness of America’s Shoddy Welfare State
- America’s lack of paid sick leave laws could make the coronavirus’s spread worse
- America’s Finest Economists Have Been Needlessly Undermining Growth, Study Confirms
- Coronavirus is putting America on hold
- America's hospitals will be overrun with coronavirus in just EIGHT DAYS: Obama's Medicare boss issues dire warning as doctors say as many as 500,000 are already infected and 10 MILLION will need care
- Tennessee tornado death toll rises to 24, including several children, with 70 still missing: Residents return to destroyed homes, 73,000 are left without power and rescuers search for survivors after 165mph winds tore through neighborhoods
|Ephesians 6:11, Vinyl Wall Art, Put on the Whole Armor of God, That You May Be Able to Stand Against the Schemes of the Enemy$7.99||The Story of My People: From Rural Southern Italy to Mainstream America$17||The 95% Vegan Diet: An Insider's Guide to Taking Control of Your Diet and Health Without Having to Be Perfect5.0★ / $19.74||The Art of the Burger: More Than 50 Recipes to Elevate America's Favorite Meal to Perfection$9||Sweet Deception: Why Splenda, Nutrasweet, and the FDA May Be Hazardous to Your Health$11.99||The Trail of Transforming Faith: When God Calls You to Leave Everything Behind$12.99||The Children of the Maize: Seven Ancient Mayan Secrets to Spiritual Enlightenment, Peace and Happiness check it now at Amazon||I Have to Leave You Now: A Survival Guide for Caregivers of Loved Ones with Alzheimer’s Disease$16.95||The Children Of Fatima: And Our Lady's Message to the World (Stories of the Saints for Young People Ages 10 to 100)$11.39||Nobody is a Nobody: The Story of a Harlem Ministry Hard at Work to Change America (Volume 1)$18.95||The Boys' Book of Airfix: Who Says You Ever Have to Grow Up? check it now at Amazon||The Big Book of Small Business: You Don't Have to Run Your Business by the Seat of Your Pants$22.38||Waiting for Daddy's Hug (Children of Oil Field Workers)$12.95||Understanding Children of Special Needs: What Every Parent Needs to Know. check it now at Amazon||Ingenious: A True Story of Invention, Automotive Daring, and the Race to Revive America check it now at Amazon||Children of the City: A Novel on Human Trafficking in America$14.63||Somebody Else's Children: The Courts, The Kids, and The Struggle to Save America's Troubled Families check it now at Amazon||The Fine Art of Delusional Thinking: Happiness Means Never Having to Have a Reality Check$6.99||Uncommon Sense Management: Why 70% of Americans Hate Their Jobs and How to Fix It$23.95||Success Without College: Why Your Child May Not Have to Go to College Right Now--and May Not Have to Go At All4.3★ / $19||Children of the World and A Best Friend to Love$19.99||Children of The Lambs: An old myth brought to life by rogue science! check it now at Amazon||Children of the Mire: Modern Poetry from Romanticism to the Avant-Garde, First edition (Charles Eliot Norton Lectures) check it now at Amazon||Children of the Kingdom: A Baha'i Approach to Spiritual Parenting check it now at Amazon||The Saga of H. A. W. Tabor / From Poverty to Wealth, From Wealth Back to Poverty - The Story Will Be Told Over and Over Again$6.95||Children Of The Second Birth: What We Used to Be Like, What Happened, and What We Are Like Now4.2★ / $13.99||The Why Book of Sailing: The Curious Sailor's Guide to the Science of Sailing and Seamanship check it now at Amazon||Of Course I Love You... Now go to Your Room check it now at Amazon||The Children Of Fatima: And Our Lady's Message to the World$7.98||Living In Final Chapter: The Predictions of the Ancient Prophets are Now Coming to Pass$9.99|
Why children of H-1B workers may now have to leave America have 881 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at October 22, 2017. This is cached page on Smart Prices. If you want remove this page, please contact us.