Few contemporary Southern writers have enjoyed the success of Clyde Edgerton. Beginning with “Raney” in 1985, he has published 10 novels and two works of nonfiction. Three of the novels have been made into films and seven adapted to the stage, and he has earned a long list of accolades and awards. “Raney” and another of Edgerton’s early novels, “The Floatplane Notebooks,” have just been reissued by the University of South Carolina Press in its Southern Revivals series, which celebrates “the astonishing diversity of contemporary Southern culture.” In these novels and others, Edgerton’s characters are almost universally Southern, almost always funny and astonishingly human — even the nonhuman ones. Before his appearance at noon Sunday, Oct. 15, at the Southern Festival of Books in Nashville, he answered questions from Chapter 16 via email. ► More: More to Southern Festival of Books 2017 than books ► More: 29 free fall festivals in Middle Tennessee ► More: 18 things to do in October in East TennesseeChapter 16: The Southern Revivals Series is dedicated to deepening readers’ understanding of and appreciation for “the flourishing Southern literary landscape.” How has that landscape — and perhaps what it means to be a Southern writer — changed with 21st-century influences like… Read full this story
- AROUND THE VALLEY: Emmaus, Southern Lehigh boys lacrosse teams to meet again to help two worthwhile charities
- Bangor boys, Southern Lehigh girls roll: Undefeated regular-season champs capture league’s tournament titles
- Chad Remaly is ready for new role in charge of the Southern Lehigh athletics program
- Southern Lehigh's Brian Neefe coaches his 1,000th softball game
- Could 2018 World Cup be final chapter of Messi-Ronaldo?
- Defending champ Southern Lehigh slightly favored in what figures to be a competitive Colonial League softball season
- Southern Lehigh, Quakertown baseball teams team up for special night
- Southern Lehigh shines at Colonial League track championships
- Horne’s 18 points carry Nebraska past Southern 81-76 (Dec 20, 2016)
- Lacrosse notebook: Southern Lehigh boys squad off to a strong start
Clyde Edgerton talks with Chapter 16 about the Southern literary landscape have 320 words, post on www.knoxnews.com at October 13, 2017. This is cached page on Smart Prices. If you want remove this page, please contact us.