Members of the public health community are aware of many of the ways the Trump administration and the 115th Congress are hindering and reversing evidence-based actions for public health – from an executive order requiring agencies to scrap two regulations each time they create a new one to advancing legislation that would make it harder for EPA to obtain and use the most up-to-date science in its work. With so many threats to public health arising each month, it can be hard to catch all of them, though. The Union of Concerned Scientists has performed a tremendous service by producing the report Sidelining Science from Day One: How the Trump Administration Has Harmed Public Health and Safety in Its First Six Months. The authors of the UCS report – Jacob Carter, Gretchen Goldman, Genna Reed, Peter Hansel, Michael Halpern, and Andrew Rosenberg – remind us it’s so important for the US government to encourage, conduct, and make use of science: Research in the 1970s about the neurological effects of lead on children resulted in policies to phase-out its use in paint and gasoline. Research on chemicals and metals has improved the quality of our air, water, and soil. Research on… Read full this story
- Trump says he hopes sexual assault allegation against Joe Biden is "false"
- Trump administration proposes 'Artemis Accords' to regulate mining on the moon including 'safety zones' around territory operated by different countries
- Biden Promises to Scrap New Devos Rule on College Sexual Assault
- Trump takes cautious approach to highlighting Biden accuser
- George Conway group has biggest fundraising day after Trump attack
- Trump says coronavirus task force to shift focus, drawing Pelosi criticism
- The Lincoln Project Will Target Donald Trump's Senate Allies With New Attack Ads
- Trump Interrupts, Talks Over Female Reporters to Defend Kavanaugh at Insane Press Conference
- India says it will ship hydroxychloroquine to U.S. after Trump threatens retaliation
- Chelsea considering recalling Ike Ugbo from Roda JC loan after ‘not being paid £38k wages this month’
UCS tallies assaults on science during Trump’s first six months have 334 words, post on scienceblogs.com at July 24, 2017. This is cached page on Smart Prices. If you want remove this page, please contact us.