Don’t believe there’s such a thing as a ‘happy housewife’? You may be wrong. A recent survey found that on balance, home-makers are happier than women in any other occupation, and a third of women who do work would like to join their ranks. But what does a typical housewife in 2016 actually do? We may no longer be warming hubby’s slippers, or wearing a frilly pinny, but it seems we’re very keen on clean sheets (though we’re happy to let the cat sleep on them) and we’ll invest hours in cleaning the loo to a gleam you could eat your dinner off – even if that dinner is more likely to be microwaved. Don’t believe there’s such a thing as a ‘happy housewife’? You may be wrong. A recent survey found that on balance, home-makers are happier than women in any other occupation So is today’s average home-maker secretly slumped in front of Come Dine With Me in a drift of pet hair and crusty coffee cups or is she constantly on the move, vacuuming in case a neighbour pops round unexpectedly? You may be surprised… RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Kim Murray jumps out of her seat with… Read full this story
- Sidmouth CC teams enjoy another Tolchards Devon League ‘clean sweep’
- Minnesota's 'Laundry Evangelist' cleans up with back-to-back national TV appearances
- Samantha Cameron reveals she 'didn't enjoy her time in No 10'
- Widow still seeking answers over husband’s death nearly five months on
- RI General Treasurer Recognizes Washington Trust’s Financial Literacy Program
- Trust ‘disappointed’ with council solution for Welwyn Hatfield road
- Housewife sells husband’s house without his consent
- Is your washing machine ripping you off? Using ‘quick’ settings could actually cost MORE than longer washes
- ‘Reverie’ star doesn’t trust virtual reality
- Carolyn Hax: I was groped, and now my husband doesn’t trust me
Secrets of Mrs Average Housewife: She NEVER washes the duvet, ENJOYS hoovering and DOESN'T trust her husband to clean up have 322 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at June 19, 2016. This is cached page on Smart Prices. If you want remove this page, please contact us.