Saturating the western market may be enough for some companies, but Google is by no means “some companies.” Moving on in their quest for world domination, the Internet giant announced yesterday that it would be building an engineering team in Singapore, with hopes of bringing more of the human population online. The Southeast Asian market, one that remains relatively untapped despite its massive potential for the tech industry, is going to be getting a lot of attention from Google in the next few years, as Google outlined a number of steps aimed at getting “the next billion users … online” and developing appropriate products for this new audience.The new team will be spearheaded by the employees at Pie.co, a recently acquired Singapore-based startup, and Google is also actively seeking technically minded folks to join their growing enterprise. In fact, the Silicon Valley firm hopes to recruit up to The tech giant is looking to train up to 100,000 Indonesian developers whose main focus will be on native language content development. Students are also encouraged to apply for internships so that the company can tap into the next generation of talent early on, and Google is also inviting native Singaporians who have since emigrated to other… Read full this story
- Winter storm slams Deep South, sets sights on New England
- Arcadis and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Team Up to Address Environmental Cleanup Projects
- Eric Garner chokehold case given over to new investigating team at Justice Department
- Google developing censor-friendly search engine for China
- Google staff attack 'China search engine'
- Ratings and Review: Fresh looks, new engine aren’t enough to lift 2017 Nissan Pathfinder from middle of the pack
- Daily Drive-Thru: Buick's Active-Hood system, Genesis's interactive owner's manual, Mazda's new engine tech and more
- Odell Beckham Jr.: Giants WR Set to Sign New Long-term Deal
- Sunnova Continues Solar Market Expansion, Sets Sights on Illinois
- Bondurant-Farrar's new archery team aims for success
Google sets its sights on Singapore for new engineering team have 324 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at February 19, 2016. This is cached page on Smart Prices. If you want remove this page, please contact us.