O n a winding stretch of road 30 miles west of Austin, a couple of miles down from a hamburger shack and an auto-repair shop, there's an iron gate with the image of a cowboy silhouette. Type in a key code and ride up a steep, muddy incline surrounded by oaks, cedars and patchy grass. After a left turn at a barn, you will enter a ghost town: a white, wood-frame church, a jailhouse, a bank, a dance hall, a water tower and a saloon. Willie Nelson built Luck, Texas, on a corner of his 700-acre Hill Country property for his 1986 cowboy film Red Headed Stranger . Nelson wanted the movie to come out a decade earlier, at the same time as his classic album of the same name, but then Robert Redford, who was supposed to star in it, dropped out and Hollywood lost interest. Nelson, who had dreamed of owning an Old West town since he was a young Roy Rogers fan, pushed forward, despite the fact that he owed the government millions in taxes. He raised money with the help of investor friends. He cast his family and band in the movie, and enlisted University of… Read full this story
- Rolling Stone Timeline: Coronavirus in America
- 1963: from the Stones to Dr Strangelove, a year of social and cultural upheaval
- Kylie Minogue on Discovering Country, Taking on Kylie Jenner and Her Vulnerable New LP
- Could Macy's, Gap and Kohl's collapse? Iconic retailers are struggling to survive during 'catastrophic' virus crisis worse than the 2008 financial crash with '15,000 stores to close for good'
- Italians extend lockdown across the WHOLE country after death toll leaps by 97 in one day to 463... as travel is restricted, people are told not to go out at night and nation's premier says 'there won't be a red zone... there'll just be Italy'
- The Iconic co-founder launches company matching stood-down staff to new jobs
- Heart 200: New road trip route paved with good intentions
- Neil Young Drops Coronavirus-Themed Video for ‘Shut It Down’
- Melissa Etheridge, Nick Lachey and More Celebs Who've Joined the Marijuana Business
- Weekend Music Live-Streams: Andrea Bocelli’s Easter Concert, Farm Aid with Dave Matthews, Tributes to John Prine and Bill Withers, More
- John Prine, One of America’s Greatest Songwriters, Dead at 73
- Stevie Wonder: where to start in his back catalogue
|All Roads Lead Home check it now at Amazon||Classic Memphis Wrestling - All Roads Lead to Memphis DVD3.5★ / check it now at Amazon||Oliver Stone's Untold History of the United States [UK import, Region 0 PAL format]3.3★ / check it now at Amazon||All Roads Lead to Sturgis 500 pc Jigsaw Puzzle check it now at Amazon||Thurn and Taxis - All Roads Lead To Rome check it now at Amazon||All Roads Lead to Ausfahrt$57.61||All Roads Lead to Salzburg$5.99||All Roads Lead To Home (Bobby Susser Songs For Children)$15.98||All Roads Lead To Land$16.99||All Roads Lead to Jesus: A Universal Book from a Non-Universalist$11.99||All Roads Lead To Chicago$19.25||All Roads Lead to Wells: Stories of the Hippie Days$21||Wicca A To Z: A Modern Witch's Encyclopedia (Library of the Mystic Arts) check it now at Amazon||All Roads Lead to Dallas: Far Away--The Journey Begins (Cobra's Den) (Volume 1)5.0★ / $10.95||Now All Roads Lead to France: A Life of Edward Thomas$6.5||To Do Justice to Him & Myself: Evert Wendell's Account Book of the Fur Trade with Indians in Albany, New York, 1695-1726$40.64||Gun Button to Fire: A Hurricane Pilot's Dramatic Story of the Battle of Britain check it now at Amazon||All Roads Lead to Baghdad: Army Special Operations Forces in Iraq, New Chapter in America's Global War on Terrorism$31.95||All Roads Lead to Austen: A Year-long Journey with Jane$12.98||All Roads Lead to Rome: The History of the Appian Way check it now at Amazon||LOST FILES: All Roads Lead To Yesteryear check it now at Amazon||All Roads Lead to Rome: Ecumenical Movement check it now at Amazon||All Roads Lead to Baxter: A Story of Baxter Seminary, Baxter, Tennessee$20.5||All Roads Lead to Tucker Georgia$16.95||All Roads Lead To Congress: the $300 Billion Fight Over Highway Funding4.0★ / $31.3||All Roads Lead to Hockey: Reports from Northern Canada to the Mexican Border$8.93||All Roads Lead to Jerusalem: A Muslim American Woman Looking for Hope and Answers in the West Bank check it now at Amazon||All Roads Lead to Vegas check it now at Amazon||Transition: all roads lead to counter-dystopia check it now at Amazon||All Roads Lead Me Back to You check it now at Amazon|
All Roads Lead to Willie Nelson: Rolling Stone’s Definitive Profile of the Country Icon have 740 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at September 2, 2014. This is cached page on Smart Prices. If you want remove this page, please contact us.