A domestic violence prosecution began to unravel after a lawyer in the Los Angeles City Attorney’s office approached a juror in the stairwell to thank him for his service.The juror was actor Tom Hanks, report CNN, TMZ and the New York Daily News. The contact by the lawyer—who wasn’t the prosecuting attorney in the case—led the defense lawyer to seek a mistrial. The case ended on Wednesday with a deal in which the defendant pleaded guilty to disturbing the peace and agreed to pay a $150 fine.In a separate story, TMZ says the lawyer who approached Hanks graduated from a Los Angeles law school last year and is part of a volunteer program in the City Attorney’s office. The volunteer lawyers work for free for up to a year to get experience trying cases.A spokesperson said the City Attorney has been apprised of the situation and is reviewing the incident.
- Tom Hanks posts about donating plasma after recovering from coronavirus
- Golden Globes Snubs: No Love For Taraji P. Henson, Tom Hanks, Martin Scorsese, ‘Empire’, Matthew McConaughey
- Oscar-Winner Tom Hanks Gives Heartfelt Video Message To Oakland’s Skyline High Class Of 2020
- Actor Tom Hanks has a special message for the Skyline High Class of 2020
- Tom Hanks’ coronavirus isolation was ‘predicted’ by his cameo in The Simpsons Movie in 2007, fans claim
- Tom Hanks WWII Film ‘Greyhound’ Alters Course In Apple Deal: Film Will Premiere On Apple TV +
- Sony Pictures In World Rights Deal For Tom Hanks WWII Drama ‘Greyhound’
- Tom Hanks Eyes High Seas Return With ‘Greyhound’
- ‘Sully’ Review: Tom Hanks Soars In Clint Eastwood’s Gripping Hero Pilot Movie
- Tom Hanks delivers graduation speech to Skyline High School’s Class of 2020
Did unpaid, newbie prosecutor imperil case by thanking juror Tom Hanks? Contact leads to plea deal have 295 words, post on www.abajournal.com at September 13, 2013. This is cached page on Smart Prices. If you want remove this page, please contact us.