While there are many ways in which a culture keeps itself alive, one of the single most important manners of doing so is in the telling of stories. It is through our collective stories that we are aware as individuals, who we are, where we came from, and what we stand for.The same goes for games – as in World of Warcraft.I can’t remember who said it, but there is a fantastic line I throw at my writing students at the beginning of each year: If you don’t tell your story, then someone else will. So much comes from the tales we tell, both of our lives and the lives of those around us. Our culture and much of our very existence is shared by our stories. In each telling, we learn more about ourselves as individuals. But this is even more important for a culture.The root word of history is the Latin historia – which translates as story. History is a story, a story of a culture and social ideal. It is also what creates meaning for us. Along with that, each story is embedded in its current historical and social context. We can learn much about a society by its… Read full this story
- The Indian Empire at War and India, Empire and the First World War review – a story finally told
- Cannes: 10 things to know about the world's most important film festival
- Strait of Hormuz: The world's most important oil choke point
- David Cameron: first world war fought 'in defence of British values'
- Chaos, hope, change: stories from 70 years of the People's Republic of China
- Animal cruelty exposed as World Animal Protection uncovers top 10 worst wildlife attractions
- Marikana massacre: the untold story of the strike leader who died for workers’ rights
- Rugby World Cup final favourites England with the pressure on them ahead of South Africa clash in Japan
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Fallout from Trump's trade wars felt by economies around the world
- The secret world of Isis brides: 'U dnt hav 2 pay 4 ANYTHING if u r wife of a martyr'
World of Warcraft Wisdom: The Importance of Story have 348 words, post on gamerant.com at May 6, 2012. This is cached page on Smart Prices. If you want remove this page, please contact us.