While there are many ways in which a culture keeps itself alive, one of the single most important manners of doing so is in the telling of stories. It is through our collective stories that we are aware as individuals, who we are, where we came from, and what we stand for.The same goes for games – as in World of Warcraft.I can’t remember who said it, but there is a fantastic line I throw at my writing students at the beginning of each year: If you don’t tell your story, then someone else will. So much comes from the tales we tell, both of our lives and the lives of those around us. Our culture and much of our very existence is shared by our stories. In each telling, we learn more about ourselves as individuals. But this is even more important for a culture.The root word of history is the Latin historia – which translates as story. History is a story, a story of a culture and social ideal. It is also what creates meaning for us. Along with that, each story is embedded in its current historical and social context. We can learn much about a society by its… Read full this story
- My Lionesses are ready for World Cup bid: Neville
- Women's World Cup draw set in Paris amid unrest
- Shiffrin wins giant slalom for 49th World Cup victory
- Shiffrin edges Vlhova to lead 1st run of World Cup slalom
- Hirscher looks to win slalom as ski worlds draw to close
- So many things wrong with Qatar World Cup 2022
- Cricket World Cup predictions: Can anyone stop England winning?
- Covenant Day’s Wisdom Asaboro, the biggest prep football recruit you never heard of
- STARD World Rallycross team developing new Supercar, keeps Baumanis
- World Rallycross Championship electric car switch delayed to 2021
World of Warcraft Wisdom: The Importance of Story have 311 words, post on gamerant.com at May 6, 2012. This is cached page on Smart Prices. If you want remove this page, please contact us.