The Olympic torch will get a royal welcome at Buckingham Palace from Prince William and his wife, the former Kate Middleton. Buckingham Palace says the young royals, joined by Prince Harry, will be on hand when three torchbearers carry the flame through the palace grounds on July 26 – the day before the opening ceremony of the Olympics. The palace said Tuesday that Queen Elizabeth II will view the flame at Windsor Castle on July 10. The palace added that the 8,000-mile (13,000-km) torch relay will pass through four royal residences on its way to the lighting of the cauldron at the Olympic Stadium in east London marking the start of the games. The queen and her husband, Prince Philip, will officially open the games on July 27.
- Hospital cleaner meets Prince William on her ‘best day ever’
- Prince William’s adorable nickname for Princess Charlotte
- Prince William is in Devon today
- David Walliams named patron of The Prince William Award
- Skillforce helps children enjoy Prince William Award experience
- Prince William says losing his mum was a pain 'like no other'
- Reason Prince William supports Aston Villa explained
- Prince William and John Carew celebrate Aston Villa win
- Princes William and Harry lead on remembering D-Day heroes
- What is the William, Kate, Harry and Meghan split all about?
Prince William, Kate to welcome torch have 217 words, post on www.foxsports.com at April 16, 2012. This is cached page on Smart Prices. If you want remove this page, please contact us.