The capital city is carrying out measures to help its athletes to get the glory in major sports events, such as, the London Olympics 2012, the 27th SEA Games, the 7th national sports festival, and the 17th Asian Games (ASIAD).
Hanoi’s taekwondo athlete Chu Hoang Dieu Linh is one of those athletes representing Southeast Asian region to have passed the qualifying round of the London Olympics 2012.
In 2011, Hanoi got a total of 2,877 medals in domestic, regional and international events, maintaining its top position in Vietnam’s sports record. Its delegation contributed 36 golds, 31 silvers and 31 bronzes to the total of 96 golds, 92 silvers and 100 bronzes grabbed by the national delegation from the 26th SEA Games.
- Hanoi FC crowned champions after AFC Cup ASEAN Zonal final
- Philippines' official hails South China Sea ruling a 'crowning glory'
- Hai Phong student crowned Miss Sport Vietnam
- Tran Thi Quynh Crowned Miss Sport Viet Nam 2007
- Hanoi gears towards smart, sustainable urban area
- F1 race to be held in Hanoi’s My Dinh sports complex
- Hanoi gears up for Formula One Grand Prix
- Hanoi gears for major tourist surge this year
- Bản in : Hanoi gears up for National Day celebrations
- Lai Huong Thao crowned Miss Sport Viet Nam 2012