Prince William, his wife Kate Middleton and brother Prince Harry will be official ambassadors to the 2012 London Olympic Games, royal officials said Thursday. St. James’s Palace said that all three will play a leading role in ”encouraging and inspiring the British public to rally behind the 900 Olympic and Paralympic athletes” competing for Britain. They also will use their roles to encourage greater awareness of Olympic and Paralympic values, the palace said. The royals join 27 British Olympians from previous games who were unveiled as 2012 ambassadors by the British Olympic Association earlier this year. In a message released by the palace, William said he feels honored to have been chosen and that his entire family is looking forward to the games. ”London hosting the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games will inspire so many people – particularly the young – to be the best they can be,” he said. The young royals will be opening the latest chapter in the monarchy’s longstanding ties to the games. Queen Elizabeth II is patron of the British Olympic Association while Princess Anne – who competed in the 1976 Montreal games as an equestrian – is its president, a member of the International… Read full this story
- Prince William, Kate Middleton, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Have Reunited — See Why!
- Prince William, Kate Middleton to not attend Prince Harry's Invictus Games?
- Prince William, Kate Middleton and kids rough it out at a farm
- Prince William, Kate Middleton to take royal break to spend time with kids
- Prince William and Kate Middleton Are Taking a Break From Royal Duties to Be With Their Kids
- Kate Middleton and Prince William's exciting date night plans revealed
- Prince Harry and Prince William 'Didn’t Leave on Good Terms,' Says Family Friend
- Why Kate Middleton and Prince William's Royal Tour in Pakistan Will Be Their 'Most Complex' Yet
- Kate Middleton stuns in Indian designer while Prince William admits to struggling with spicy foods ahead of royal tour
- David Attenborough just beat Prince William and Kate Middleton in the popularity stakes
Prince William, Kate named Olympic ambassadors have 340 words, post on www.foxsports.com at December 1, 2011. This is cached page on Smart Prices. If you want remove this page, please contact us.