A Paris Saint-Germain soccer fan has died after spending weeks in acoma following an attack by rival supporters, the latest incidentof violence associated with the French club.The 38-year-old fan suffered serious head injuries duringstreet clashes among the club’s fan groups at a Feb. 28 Frenchleague match against Marseille.A Paris police official said Thursday the fan, who was notidentified, died late Wednesday night in the Beaujon Hospital. Theofficial was not authorized to be publicly named because of policerules.“The club’s survival is at stake,” France’s sports ministerRama Yade said in a statement. “The worst has happened. Passionstransformed into sordid, senseless, murderous rage. Love of theteam jersey has become hate for the other, hate for the sport, hatefor life.”PSG has long had a far-right element among its fans, many ofwhom gather in the Kop of Boulogne section of the Parc des Princesstadium and have been in conflict with supporters in the Auteuilsection at the other end of the arena.About two hours before the Marseille game, a large group ofsupporters from the Kop of Boulogne attacked rivals outside theAuteuil entrance to the stadium.Preliminary charges for attempted murder were filed against aman suspected of taking part in the assault after being identifiedthrough video surveillance cameras.Yade… Read full this story
- Lopez attacking rival miners — Rody
- PSG fans banned from Marseille game
- FAN DIES IN CLASHES BEFORE MATCH IN SWEDEN
- This ‘Gilmore Girls’ podcaster has kept the show’s fans dying to see more episodes
- Michigan AD writes open letter rebuking fans who attacked punter on social media following fluke loss
- A 25-year-old man was charged with planning a New Year’s Eve attack to support ISIS
- Thai opposition protesters attack govt supporters
- Netanyahu attacks rivals on Jerusalem
- Neymar shines on PSG debut, says he's 'more alive than ever'
- Russian fans ‘provoked’ by English – Russia striker
PSG fan dies after attack by rival supporters have 311 words, post on www.foxsports.com at March 18, 2010. This is cached page on Smart Prices. If you want remove this page, please contact us.