One of Israel’s most spectacular natural areas is called Etzba Hagalil, or “finger of the Galilee.” What sets this region apart from other locations in the country is its unusual concentration of water. Shaped like a panhandle, this northernmost portion of the Holy Land includes the snows of Mount Hermon and the streams and springs which are the sources of the River Jordan. Until a few dozen years ago there was also a large lake in the area, the Hula, but that was drained during the 1950s (see my book – Israel’s Northern Landscapes – for more information on the Hula Valley). .So special is this region that it has its own natural history museum – Beit Ussishkin. Named for Menahem Ussishkin, a leading Zionist who headed the Jewish National Fund for 20 years, the museum offers a fascinating overview of the region’s natural phenomena. Besides demonstrating what we can find in the area today, the exhibits at Beit Ussishkin also help visitors of all ages understand, and remember, what lived here in the past.Designed to blend in with its environment, the museum boasts sloping roofs meant to resemble the slope of Mount Hermon, and you can see the snows… Read full this story
- Here’s what Meghan Markle’s fingers say about her… and it’s good news for Prince Harry
- Lawsuit claims Michigan teacher severed tip of child's finger when slamming door
- Finger Lakes Musical Theatre Festival brings a vibrant, sparkling 'Anne of Green Gables' to life (Review)
- PUBG Mobile, Fortnite Players of Three-Finger Gesture Issue After iOS 13 Update; iOS 13.1 Expected to Fix the Issue
- Carpenter who cut off his fingers makes 'Robohand' with 3-D printer
- Archie Bunker creator: Trump is "the middle finger of the American right hand"
- New MeasureUp Finger Lakes Program making a positive impact
- Council told to 'pull finger out' over closed tip
- The Big 15: UCF commit Marcus Finger's versatility a boost for new-look Fort Myers offense
- Mom sues Detroit Public Schools, alleges teacher severed son's finger
Beit Ussishkin and Finger of the Galilee have 338 words, post on ezinearticles.com at April 16, 2009. This is cached page on Smart Prices. If you want remove this page, please contact us.