Blame it on God: White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders claims God wanted Donald Trump to become president of the United States.
White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said she believes God wanted President Donald Trump to win the 2016 election, the Christian Broadcasting Network reported on Wednesday.
White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Wednesday that God “wanted Donald Trump to become president.”
Sanders spoke with David Brody and Jennifer Wishon of the Christian Broadcasting Network. Brody during the interview asked the press secretary for a “spiritual perspective” on Trump’s presidency.
According to the reports, Sanders told CBN’s David Brody:
I think God calls all of us to fill different roles at different times and I think that he wanted Donald Trump to become president.
And that’s why he’s there. I think he has done a tremendous job in supporting a lot of the things that people of faith really care about.
As one might imagine, Twitter was quick to react to the claim made by Sanders:
Previously White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders used the Bible to justify and defend the cruel and despicable policy of separating children from parents.
Bottom line: White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders believes God wanted Donald Trump to become president of the United States.
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders thinks calling Trump a white supremacist is a "fireable offense"
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders facing ethics complaint after calling for ESPN host to be fired
- Majority of Americans now want Donald Trump booted out of the White House, poll claims
- Majority Now Want Donald Trump Impeached and Removed From Office: Poll
- China voices economic fears about Donald Trump presidency
- How America survives a Donald Trump presidency, according to The Simpsons
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders Introduces New Campaign-Like Website
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders To Join Fox News
- Beto O’Rourke Dubs Fox News ‘State T.V.’ Following Sarah Huckabee Sanders Hire
- Jon Voight’s Plea To Save America: Elect Donald Trump President