In food we trust. That motto guides us as much as the one that graces our currency. We take for granted the food we buy in grocery stores or eat in restaurants, trusting implicitly that it will satisfy our hunger, build strong bodies 12 ways, and keep us healthy. That trust may be a bit misplaced. Nearly 200 people in the United States, most of them children or elderly, die each week from illnesses they contract from food. Estimates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Washington, D.C., suggest that 6 to 33 million people are stricken with food-borne diseases each year. Major outbreaks are grabbing headlines with greater frequency-consider the recent Hudson Foods recall of 25 million pounds of bacteria-tainted beef, contaminated Jack-in-the-Box hamburgers, Odwalla apple juice, and Guatemalan raspberries-while many minor ones go unreported. Late this spring, President Clinton gave voice to growing concern by public-health officials over our food supply by calling for “new steps using cutting-edge technology to keep our food safe.” One of the technologies that Clinton singles out in his proposed $43 million National Food Safety Initiative is food irradiation, a process that has long been lauded by food-safety experts even as… Read full this story
- Kinky people are more likely to have a taste for spicy food, says doctor
- Food for the soul: Asia Cooking Journey shares joy through culinary treats
- On Thanksgiving, Don’t Forget To Give Thanks To Those Who Had To Work, Especially First Responders, Doctors, Restaurant Workers
- Arthritis diet: Four foods to avoid to reduce painful symptoms
- At One Alaskan Hospital, Indigenous Foods Are Part of the Healing Plan
- Soydivision: Creative blends of Indonesian food, art and music
- I bagged £40 of M&S & Waitrose food for just £5 and it fed my family-of-four for a week – here’s how
- Impossible Foods’ CEO Says Going Public Is ‘Inevitable.’ So Why Have Most Of 2021’s Food Listings Spoiled?
- Holiday Food Giveaways Needed This Year More Than Ever, As Pandemic Food Insecurity Persists
- Monk fruit, figs and raisins - Tate & Lyle turns away from sugar to healthier alternatives
- 10 foods you can freeze now – from turkey to sprouts
- I spent just £2.59 on a Greggs magic bag with the Too Good To Go app and you won’t believe the amount of food I got
|Keep the Dogs Away 30th Anniversary Edition check it now at Amazon||Arrow A Day Keeps The Walkers Away Tin Sign 8 x 11in check it now at Amazon||A Story A Day Keeps The EVIL Away$9||The Daily Zoo: Keeping the Doctor at Bay with a Drawing a Day$18.19||Keeping the World Away: A Novel check it now at Amazon||The 9 Steps to Keep the Doctor Away: Simple Actions to Shift Your Body and Mind to Optimum Health for Greater Longevity check it now at Amazon||Daily Zoo Year 2: Keeping the Doctor at Bay with a Drawing a Day check it now at Amazon||Games to Keep the Dark Away$1.59||Live a Grateful Life Gratitude Journal Set for Christians: Count 10 Blessings a Day to Keep the Worries Away (Volume 3)$15||A Joke a Day Keeps the Doctor Away$8.04||Will It Make the Boat Go Faster?: Olympic-Winning Strategies for Everyday Success$10.18||A Confession a Day Keeps the Devil Away$8.95||Laugh Yourself Healthy: Keep the Doctor AwayWith a Giggle a Day!$11.77||The 9 Steps to Keep the Doctor Away byA. Buttar check it now at Amazon||Laugh a Day Keeps the Doctor Away, A$3.9||A Prayer Pal a Day Keeps the Devil Away: 31 Prayer Pals for Victorious Living check it now at Amazon||An Apple a Day Keeps the Drama Away$15.99||Games to Keep the Dark Away: A Sharon McCone Mystery check it now at Amazon||A Laugh a Day: Jokes to Keep the Doctor Away check it now at Amazon||Mormonism Will It Stand the Test? check it now at Amazon||Will It Hurt the Baby?: The Safe Use of Medications During Pregnancy and Breast Feeding$6.02||Gh3: Will It Keep You Young Longer? check it now at Amazon||God Wills It!: Understanding the Crusades (The Modern Scholar: Great Professors Teaching You!) check it now at Amazon||Keeping the World Away check it now at Amazon||Kiosks Keep The Devils Away: A Novel About Mental Health4.0★ / $10.95||A Chocolate a Day: Keeps the Doctor Away$5.97||Capillary (A Word Keeps The Doctor Away Book 55)$0.99||How to Eat Healthier to Keep the Doctor Away check it now at Amazon||A.I. is the future. Will it Keep us Around to Enjoy it? check it now at Amazon||A Parlay A Day Keeps The Doctor Away Sports Betting Gambler T-Shirt$19.99|
Food Irradiation: Will It Keep the Doctors Away? have 746 words, post on www.technologyreview.com at November 1, 1997. This is cached page on Smart Prices. If you want remove this page, please contact us.